Monday, February 7, 2011

Harald Grosskopf - Synthesist


I heard Harald Grosskopf's "Synthesist" while catching up on the always-amazing 20jazzfunkgreats.  I was instantaneously awestruck by its elegant and simple beauty, each oscillation of sound unfurling itself and stretching ever upwards towards the heavens.  When I came to learn that "Synthesist" is the title track to Grosskopf's 1980 album, I was saddened I hadn't been listening all along.  Thankfully, RVNG Intl. is putting the finishing touches on what promises to be a beatifully arranged reissue, due February 15.  A bonus disc features reinterpretations from personal favorites Blondes, CFCF and Oneohtrix Point Never.  Listen to "Synthesist" below; find more info, music samples and pre-order here

Harald Grosskopf - Synthesist

(via 20jazzfunkgreats)

No comments: